Departments of Geography
Geography is the only one subject offered by students of all faculties i.e. Arts, Science and Commerce. The members of department specialize in various academic areas namely climatology, population and settlement geography as well as agricultural geography. Faculty members use their academic skills for success and bright future of students.
- There are total 14 courses including 10 theory and 4 practical papers.
- Bachelors of Arts degree with special geography and Bachelor of Science up to second year.
- Well equipped laboratory with surveying instruments, maps, toposheets and computer facility.
- The personal books of faculty members are issued to needy, poor rank holder students.
- Special guidelines are given to the students, those who offer geography and appear for competitive exams.
- LCD projector
- Overhead projector
- Weather Instuments
- Survey of India toposheets
- Plane table survey instruments
- Prismatic compass survey instruments
- Prof. Deore Sahebrao Uttam (M.A. Geog.) - Settlement and Population Geography
- Prof. Bachhav Nandkishor Bhagchand (M. Sc., SET, Geog.)- Agricultural Geography
- Prof. Chowdhari Kailash Shantaram ( M.A. Geography)
Prof. Deore S.U. registered his name for the Ph.D. at North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (M.S.). In the same university Prof. N.B. Bachhav is shortly going to submit his thesis for Ph.D. degree.
- Department of Geography organizes study tour of students every year as per curriculum of University Of Pune.
- Department always tries to achieve academic excellence by imparting quality teaching and also develop socially responsible citizens with ethics and morals.
- In this context, faculty members organized State level seminar on 20 & 21 Feb 2010 on the topic entitled "Impact of Scarcity of Natural Resources on Rural Economy".
- It is experienced that every year student of geography special often occupies first or second rank in overall college results.
- To introduce GIS short term course.
- To introduce travel and tourism short term course.
- To establish weather station in college premises.
- To introduce soil testing laboratory and facility for neighboring farmers.