Departments of English
The process of change is gradual in its every aspect. It is even potentially true in case of tribal area. The department of English since its inception teaches English as a compulsory subject. Most of the students are below average. They come to college with the attitude that English is a difficult subject. In such an educational context, the prime objective of the department has to be to generate awareness among the tribal students about the importance of English. The department with the objective to carve zeal to study English in students and be in the ever flowing stream of knowledge and opportunities is hopeful about starting teaching English at special level.
Vision & Mission:
- 'Bahujan Hitay Bahujan Sukhay' the motto envisioned by Late Bhausaheb Hiray inspires us to reach out to the underprivileged sections of the society.
- The department strives to reach out to the underprivileged tribal youth to bring it in the mainstream of higher education.
Goals of the Department:
- To help tribal students overcome fear of learning English language.
- To attract more students to learn English.
- To create interest among students to learn English.
- The department constantly strives to generate awareness about the importance of English among tribal students.
- It endeavors to help students have a basic level of competence in English.
- The department conducts a couple of certificate courses that address immediate needs of the students.
- A certificate course in Academic Writing.
- A certificate course in conversational English.
- The department has well qualified and enthusiastic teachers.
- A computer with internet connection
- A well-furnished department.
Mr. Milind M. Ahire
Assistant professor of English.
M.A.Eng., SET, PGCTE, PGDTE (EFLU, Hyderabad)
Area Of Interest:
ELT, Linguistics, Materials Production
Visiting faculty - 06
Research Guide – 01
Workshop / Seminar organized – 02
Research and Publications
Research paper presented in Conference/Seminar
- Certificate course in Academic writing.
- Certificate course in Conversational English.
- Certificate Course in Apiculture
(Proposal submitted to the UGC )
- Remedial coaching classes for slow learners
- Competitive exam workshop