The Alumni of an Institute are a very important part of Institute’s Growth and Advancement. The Alumni of our institute have been one of our greatest assets. It is a matter of great pride that our alumni comprises of reputed practitioners and excellent academicians who have made us proud with their success in India and other countries across the globe.
Our Alumni are our brand ambassadors, their success is a reflection of the efforts of the faculty of our institute, the infrastructure, student support and other facilities available. They serve as role models for the students of the institute, inspiring them with their success stories and supporting them as they start their careers. They provide assistance in employment and mentor our students and also guide them in taking up courses both in India and abroad. They share the wealth of their experiences and their skill which helps the current crop of students to look beyond their curriculum to see the possibilities and scope of their course.
Our Alumni have stepped out of the boundaries of their course and diversified into various other fields and established themselves as cancer researchers, special educators, counselors, sportsmen, public health experts and many more. The Alumni Association brings our alumni settled in India and abroad and our current students on one platform to facilitate exchange of ideas, promote research and many more activities to promote a vibrant ecosystem of Alumni-network.
- Dr Vikram Shetty : After completing B.D.S from our college, he went on to do his M.D.S in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He followed this with an MBBS and then MS in General Surgery. He is currently an Eminent Craniofacial Surgeon and a National faculty for the same.
- Dr. Amol Kulkarni : He completed B.D.S from our college and went on to do his M.D.S in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from MGR Medical University, Chennai. He worked as a panel consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Arusha Lutheran Medical Centre, Tanzania after which he moved to Rwanda where he was consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Head of Department at Rwanda Military Hospital,Kigali. Currently he is also a senior consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at King Faisal Hospital, Kigali, WIWO Specialized Surgical Hospital and also CHUK University teaching Hospital, Kigali. He has a number of publications to his credit and has been a keynote speaker at national and international conferences. He is actively involved in research in salivary gland pathologies, odontogenic pathologies, oral melanoma and oral cancer management in Rwanda.
- Dr Ameeta Nanda (Sachdev) : During her graduation at our college, she was selected as the Best Student Clinician of India at a National Level Research Conference and was awarded a scholarship by Dentsply to present her Table Clinic at the American Dental Association Annual Meeting. She did her DMD from Tufts University, GPR from New York Medical College and Certificate in Orthodontics and Masters of Science in Dentistry (MSD) from the University of Colorado. She is currently practicing in Rockland County as an Orthodontist.
- Dr. Sagar Vaishampayan : Alumnus of our institute at the undergraduate level. He did his PG in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and is an eminent Oral Cancer Surgeon practicing in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Dr. Ajay Vishwakarma : He graduated from our institute and then did his masters in Tissue Engineering at Cardiff University, UK. After a brief stint as a tissue engineering fellow studying mesenchymal stem cells and macrophage engineering in Khademhosseini Lab at Harvard University and MIT. He is now pursuing his Ph.D in Cancer Biology working on characterizing Tumor immune microenvironment (TIME) at Harvard University, USA.
- Dr. Amey Patil : He did his B.D.S from our institute. He secured first prize in International Association of Dental Students’ Lecture Contest, FDI World Dental Congress, New Delhi and India Innovation Initiative by Govt. of India, IIT-Powai, Mumbai. He did his Master of Science in Dentistry in Orofacial Pain and TMJ Disorders from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine. He is currently RBHS instructor at Department of Restorative Dentistry and Department of Orofacial Pain, Research Teaching Specialist at Department of Oral Biology, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, Newark, USA.
- Dr Aditya Bhawsar : After graduating from our institute, he did his Masters in Prosthodontics from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine and then a Post- Doctoral Implant Fellowship from Loma Linda University, California. He is currently practicing in Texas, USA.
- Dr. Chaitanya Joshi : He did his B.D.S and M.D.S ( Periodontology) from our institute. He won various awards at National and International Competitions. Winner of Best Poster Award at Zonal And State Level Interuniversity Competition AVISHKAR. Recipient of Best Oral Presentation Award at World Congress of Ultrasonic Piezoelectric Bone Surgery and many more awards at International level, he is currently pursuing his Ph.D in Periodontology in Scotland, UK.
- Dr. Sameer Jain : He did his graduation from our college and during that period got research grants from ICMR and MUHS for research in Pediatric Dentistry and Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics respectively. He has a number of awards to his credit some of which are the Vice-Chancellor Award for brilliance in the field of Endodontic research and technology, The MIT, USA award for the youngest innovator of India and India’s representative for DENTSPLY Table Clinic: Student Clinician Research Program at American Dental Association, Annual Session. He has a patent for a root canal obturation device. He has a Master of Science in Biomaterials from University of Buffalo, Master of Science in Endodontics from University of Texas and a Diplomate from American Board of Endodontics.He is currently practicing in USA as an Associate Endodontist and also Assistant Professor in Department of Endodontics at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Dr Amol Jadhav : Graduated from our institute during which he developed a PotentioKinetico Oscillating Toothbrush for which he has filed for a patent. He is a recipient of many awards like MUHS Certificate of Merit in AVISHKAR 2013, Famdent Excellence in Dentistry Award 2017 and Kalmegh Award for Innovation and Research in Dentistry 2017. He has a successful dental practice at his native place in Takalgaon, District Latur, Maharashtra, where he is also involved in social activities like Dental Check-up, treatment and awareness camps.
- Dr. Shalmali Gagare : She is a graduate of our institute and is an International Woman Grandmaster. She has won a number of National and International chess tournaments.
- Dr Pritha Negi : She did her M.D.S in Prosthodontics from our institute. She got the 1 st prize at National Level Inter-University Original Research Competition ‘ANVESHAN’. It was for the first time in the history of MUHS that this prize came to the University.