Board of Research Studies
The Board of Research Studies(BORS) is constituted as per the guidelines laid down by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in 2018.
Guidlines For The Constitution of BORS
BORS is comprised of three members as decided by the Dean/Principal of the respective College in view of guidelines issued by the University to deal with the Title and Synopsis proposals at College-level/Institution-level. The guidelines for its constitution for a simplified procedure for Title and Synopsis approval at institutional level are as under-
The Principal/Dean or Senior Professor (nominated by the Principal/Dean) and Professor/Asso. Professor having research oriented experience are constant members of BORS. On a rotational basis, the Subject expert (Head of Department) will act as BORS member for the concerned subject only.
- In case the Dean/Principal or Senior Professor (nominated by the Principal/Dean) and Professor/Asso. Professor having research oriented experience are Head of Department of PG course, the Dean/Principal nominates another Senior Teacher of the concerned subject on as Subject expert on BORS for the particular subject only.
- An additional teacher (Professor/Reader) as an Invitee member of BORS may be appointed to ensure completion of the process of Title and Synopsis approval.
Members of BORS of Our College
- Dr. Nilima Prakash
- Dr Amit Nehete
- Subject experts on rotational basis- Dr Ajay Bhoosreddy (OMDR), DrSwapnaMahale (Periodontics), DrNitinGulve (Orthodontics), DrMeenalGulve (Conservative Dentistry), DrAarti Mahajan (Oral Pathology), DrBikkashPattanaik (Prosthodontics) and Dr Swapnil Patil (Pedodontics)
Duties of BORS in Title And Synopsis Approval
- Verification of Ethics Committee approval and review procedure at Departmental Level as per University guidelines and verify Evaluation report (Annexure C)
- Review of final synopsis submitted and suggestions for any corrections
- Review of re-submitted corrected synopsis (if any)
- Submission of synopsis Approval to the Dean/Principal along with Evaluation Report duly signed by all members of BORS
- Verification of Teacher:Student Ratio and PG Recognized Teacher approval
- Ensure that the title has not been repeated in the last three years
Title And Synopsis Scrutinized By BORS
- 43 Title and Synopsis of Postgraduate students in various specialities have been scrutinized by the BORS Committee since its formation in 2018.