Code of Ethics
The following is a Code of Conduct for the students of MGV’s KBH Dental College & Hospital. This Code was developed with inputs from the Administration faculty and students with the aim of defining the values and principles that are shared by students, faculty and administration.
Academic and Professional Ethics
Treat faculty, students, patients and staff in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Avoid cheating, the appearance of cheating, plagiarism or misrepresenting other peoples work as my own.
- Maintain the confidentiality of internal and external professional examinations taken during my enrolment in the BDS program. I will not reproduce, share or use unauthorised/unreleased examination content through memorisation, recording, or posting of questions or answers in any format.
- Adhere to the Patient Rights, including respect for patient confidentiality.
- Attend to clinical work/appointments well prepared, appropriately dressed and with the necessary armamentarium.
- Adhere to the specific code of conduct described for students in the ‘Code of Conduct Handbook’.
- Adhere to clinic and laboratory cleanliness protocols established at the college.
- Comply with infection control and safety guidelines of the institution.
- Consult a member of the administration or a faculty member if I am unsure that I am following college policy.
- Report unethical behavior to the concerned faculty, the course in-charge, or to the Dean, Academics.
As I enter the Profession of Dentistry, I am aware of the ethical, moral, and professional standards I am expected to uphold. My signature indicates that I agree to abide by all of the provisions of this Code as well as the Professional Conduct Code in the MGV’s KBH Dental College & Hospital’s ‘Code of Conduct Handbook’ and to appropriate Student Conduct and Discipline in general. I understand that a violation of this Ethics Code shall constitute a violation subject to discipline under the college Policy on Student Conduct and Discipline.
General information and Role of IEC :-
- Our IEC ensures that all research involving human participants should be conducted in accordance withthe basic and general ethical principles as outlined in section-1 of ICMR guidelines. IEC also ensures that the researcher andtheir team are responsible for protecting the dignity, rights, safety and well-being of theparticipants enrolled in the study. Researchers should have the appropriate qualifications andcompetence in research methodology and should be aware of and comply with thescientific, medical, ethical, legal and social requirements of the research proposal.
- It is our prime duty to see that the researcher, the sponsor (if any) and IEC attempts to maximize benefits and minimizerisks to participants so that risks are balanced to lead to potential benefits at individual,societal and/or community levels. Not only at the time of approval of research projects, our IEC also assesses any altered risks in the study at the time of continuing review. Our college IEC have written SOPs according to which the committee’s formation and function are guided.
- We also have a separate scientific committee that priorly also review proposalbefore it is referred to EC, as bothgood science and ethics are important to ensure quality of research and participantprotection.
Members list :-
|Sr. no.||Name||Position on IEC||Designation and Affiliation||Qualification|
|1||Dr. V. S. More||Chairperson||Joint Secretary, MGV’s KBH DC&H, Nashik||MCom, PhD|
|2||Dr. Karan Shah||Clinician||Reader, MGV’s KBH DC&H, Nashik||BDS, MDS|
|3||Mr.Prashant Dalal||Social Representative||Admin officer, MBA college||MBA|
|4||Mr. Anil Pawar||Layperson Rep.||Lab Technician, Pharmacy||BSc|
|5||Adv. Vikram Sakholkar||Legal Representative||Private Practice, Nashik||LLB|
|6||Mrs. Mangal Borkar||Pharmacologist||Reader, MGV’s KBH DC&H, Nashik||MSc, PhD|
|7||Dr. Amit Agrawal||Member Secretary||Professor, MGV’s KBH DC&H, Nashik||BDS, MDS, MPhil|
No. of Research Topics Scrutinized: (since October 2019)
- Undergraduate: 3
- Postgraduate: 26