Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology
“Diagnosis is not the end, but the beginning of practice.”
- Martin H. Fischer
The field of oral medicine consists chiefly of the diagnosis and medical management of the patient with complex medical disorders involving the oral mucosa and salivary glands as well as orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders.
Specialists trained in oral medicine also provide dental and oral health care for patients with medical diseases that affect dental treatment, including patients receiving treatment for cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and infectious diseases.
Oral and maxillofacial radiology is the specialty of dentistry and discipline of radiology concerned with the production and interpretation of images and data produced by all modalities of radiant energy that are used for the diagnosis and management of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral and maxillofacial region.
Objectives Of The Oral Medicine Radiology Department
- To emulate a sense of service and to harness the sense of dignity and discipline among the students.
- To inculcate in the students the appropriate doctor patient relationship and interactions
- To extend the education of highest quality and standard which matches the global standard to the student at the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- To diagnose and treat various oral lesions, Temporomandibular joint disorders and typical /atypical orofacial pain.
- To promptly diagnose and investigate oral premalignant lesions and oral cancer.
- To impart quality and diagnostic oral & maxillofacial radiological services to patients.
Dr. Bhoosreddy Ajay R.
Member: Board of Studies (UG & PG) 2018-21 (D. Y. Patil Deemed University, Pune)
Member: Board of Studies clinical (UG & PG) 2017-22 (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik)
President Elect: Indian Academy of Oral Medicine & Radiology (2019)
Bite-in award for Administrative excellenc.
Dr. Bhadage Chetan J.
Received scholarship award from MUHS for publication.
Dr. Patil Sonal Y.
My Maharashtra award 2019 .
Continuing Dental Education Workshop
Student Exchange Program
World Cancer Day
|Sr.No||Faculty||Number of Papers||Number of Books|
|1||Dr. Bhoosreddy Ajay||51||4|
|2||Dr. Bhadage Chetan||16||-|
|3||Dr. Shah Karan||09||01|
|4||Dr. Patil Sonal||01||01|
|5||Dr. Shirsekar Vinayak||07||01|
|6||Dr. Ahire Bhushan||07||-|
|1||Number of completed long research projects||19|
|2||Number of on going long research projects||06|
|3||Number of completed short research projects||44|
|4||Number of on going research projects||04|