Rules Of Conduct
Discipline and punctuality are the two basic requirements to become a good dental surgeon. The students should be regular and punctual for the teaching programmes. The students are advised to treat their patients with respect, sympathy and care. They are further advised to complete their work on time and thus maintain the patient’s appointment.
College timings are from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm. All students are expected to reach the college on time and attend all the lectures and practical. It is also expected that they study regularly and complete all assignments and journals on time. All students must carry the instruments, notebooks, journals or any other items as per instructions given in the respective departments.
MUHS rules stipulate that a student should have a minimum of 75% attendance in theory and 80% attendance in practical to be eligible to appear for the final exam. When a student remains absent on medical grounds, an application with relevant medical certificate should be submitted by the student. Prior permission has to be taken from college authorities if a student wishes to remain absent for any other reason. Students who do not have the required minimum attendance are not eligible to appear for the University examination. It is compulsory for all students to appear for all the sessional exams. Marks obtained in these exams will be added up to calculate internal assessment marks.
All students should behave and dress up in a dignified manner. Boys are expected to dress in formal attire i.e. trousers and shirt and wear clean leather shoes to college. They must shave regularly and hair and nails should be properly trimmed. Girls should be dressed in salwar/ chudidar/ leggings with long kurta. They should wear appropriate foot wear, tie their hair neatly and keep nails trimmed at all times. All students are expected to wear neat and clean aprons with name plates and identity cards within the college and hospital premises. Cell-phone usage by students is not allowed in the departments, lecture halls and corridors. Any gross misbehaviour, damaging college property, fighting, getting into arguments, using foul language with classmates, seniors, non- teaching or teaching staff will not be tolerated. In case a student is found to be a repeat offender, institution will be forced to initiate strict disciplinary action.
The patients coming to the hospital are offering themselves for treatment, thereby giving an opportunity for young doctors to learn. Students are not doing any favour by treating these patients. Hence a sincere and humane approach is a must.
The students should learn the local language for better communication and management of patients. The students must treat the patients under the supervision of the teaching staff and shall obtain approval at each step of the procedure. Record of clinical work done has to be maintained and duly certified.
Students should maintain the dental equipments in good condition and they are held responsible for any damage, destruction or loss. The students shall strictly learn and follow all the sterilization procedures.
INTERNAL ASSESSMENT EXAMINATIONS:
Three Internal assessment examinations are being conducted regularly either as a part of the University Examination or as a part of training to assess the progress and preparedness of the students. It is compulsory to attend all the three assessments. No examination shall be missed on self-presumption and assumptions that they are not essential or with the hope that the student can appear in the next examination. The absentees will be marked zero and average of three internal assessment marks will be calculated. Re-test will not be conducted on any grounds.
DURING THEORY EXAMINATIONS:
- They must make a note of correct timings of the examinations and attend accordingly.
- They should bring the admission tickets to the hall every day. They should read the instructions given in the admission tickets and act accordingly.
- They should not wear aprons.
- They should not carry any electronic devices like mobiles, bluetooth, earphones, watches, chits, slips or any written matter into the hall.
- The students should not reveal their identity in any manner and only the roll number is to be written on the first page in the given box.
- Should not do any act, which may make them liable to be booked under malpractice.
While writing theory examinations the students are advised to observe the following:
DURING PRACTICAL EXAMINATIONS:
- They should wear head cap and neat clean ironed white aprons.
- Bring the admission tickets with them on each day of the examination.
- Bring the required instruments and other accessories.
- Bring the record books of work done which are duly certified by the Head of the Department.
- Parents meeting are conducted regularly. You will be informed through phone call or email. It is compulsory to attend the same.
- Parents have to update their contact details at college.
- Shortage of attendance leads to non-appearing for University exams & no carry over in that subject is permitted as per regulation.
- Attending all Internal Assessment is compulsorily.
- Physical, Mental or Sexual harassment
- Verbal abuse
- Indecent conduct
- Pressurizing/ Forcing to do any act against the will of the individual
- Financial exploitation
- Damaging the identity or pride of an individual
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in tests/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, conference, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
- The inmates of hostels shall abide by the rules and regulations as laid by the authorities from time to time.
- Timings of entry shall be strictly followed.
- The students who wish to visit parent’s /relative’s/local guardian’s houses for night stay shall do so only after obtaining written prior permission of either Supervisor or Warden.
- Students who wish to go to native places even on Sunday and holidays shall do so only after obtaining written permission either from Supervisor or Warden.
- All the bonafide students of this institution are entitled to enroll themselves as members of the library.
- A person who is not a member shall not be allowed to enter the library. However nonmembers shall be admitted only by special permission to be issued by the Principal. Membership will be cancelled if the students have “Dues” or any disciplinary charges against them.
- Identity cards should be produced at the library counter each time.
- Identity cards will be issued in the library between 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- Enter the name, class and time in the register at the entrance, while you enter the library and enter the departure time and sign the register when you leave the library.
- Costly items, instruments and belongings should not be left at the library counter. The authorities are not responsible for any loss.
- Silence shall be strictly observed in library.
- No person shall damage or disfigure books or other library property. The member shall have to replace such books or other property damaged or make payment for the value of it.
- Enter the library only if you intend to peruse some reference books.
- Return books intact and don’t mark on pages. Don’t write, comment or draw picture on the labels.
- A student is expected to adhere and strictly follow the rules enforced from time to time.
- Do not use the place to catch up on your sleep in the peaceful, silent and cool atmosphere of the library.
- The use of facilities like internet, computers and printer in the library will be only after the permission of Librarian.
- Mobile phones are not allowed inside library.
While appearing for practical examinations, the students are advised to observe the following:
CHANGES IF ANY AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION WILL BE NOTIFIED ON NOTICE BOARD. MAKE A HABIT TO SCAN THE NOTICE BOARDS DAILY.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARENTS:
Our college campus is a ragging-free campus and the authorities have zero tolerance towards any instance of ragging.
What is Ragging?
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
NOTE: For more details, students can approach the dental office for copies of letters of DCI and MUHS
In spite of our best efforts, if any student encounters any problem, you are free to contact any one or more of members of the Anti-Ragging Committee. You can be assured that strict disciplinary action will be taken against the miscreant without revealing your identity.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR HOSTELITES:
Timings: Regular days: 8.30 am to 6:00 pm on week days, 8.30 am to 4:00 pm Saturday.