LIBRARY DEPARTMENT (Established 1969)
About the Library :
Our College is well-maintained library, having around 50000 books with latest magazines and Journals. Area of Library is 2585.4 sq. Feet. Reading room facility is also available with individual study zones for staff members as well as for students. The library is well equipped with Audio-visual aids and it is computerized. The College library has a linkage with our sister institute like LVH Arts, Science & Commerce College,Panchavati (Nashik) and MSG Arts, Science & Commerce College, Malegaon. The INFLIBNET facility is sanctioned under U.G.C., HRD Ministry of the Central Govt. With the help of INFLIBNET, under NLIST Programme an access to 6000+ E-Journals and 31,35,000 + ebooks is made available to readers. This facility is being provided to research scholars, students and academicians. The Library timing is from 9 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.Mission :
The mission of the Library is to provide comprehensive access to the resources and innovative services to support teaching, learning and research activities of the college and thereby to cater diverse information needs of user community of this college. The library strives to develop balanced collection of information resources, irrespective of forms and to adopt technologies to provide better information services.Vision :
Considering the above mission, our library strives to
- Build better collection of resources across the formats to cater information needs of user community
- Promote the use of resources to help the users to achieve their educational and professional goals
- Provide various services and adopt strategies to enhance use resources of the library
- Offer personal assistance to select, organize and use the information
- Create healthy environment for the students to study
- To build collection complementary for competitive exams to provide competitive edge to students
- To provide innovative services to the users.
- To provide better and timely access to the resources available in the library.
- To provide more and more access to the e-resources through Internet.
- To participate in resource sharing (Library Consortium) Programme to enrich collection of the library
- To make available reading material and other resources as per requirements of teaching faculty.
- Partially Computerized
- Separate Reading Room Facility For Boys and Girls
- Reading room Capacity for 50 Students
- Open Access for all College students
- Special Collection to Competitive and NET/SET Examination
- Internet Facility
- List of Added books to the Library are circulated to concern departments of college
- Newspaper cuttings of college activities and special Occasions.
- Book Exhibition
- Internet with Broadband facility (2Mbps)
- Digital Copier of A3 Size (Print, Scan and Copy)
- INFLIBNET account
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Fire extinguisher
- A Library Advisory Committee has been constituted in order to ensure proper administration of the library. It consists of a Chairman (Principal), a student representative, a Secretary (Librarian) and Other 8 members. LAC meets twice a year to review the library related matters. The LAC has well defined objectives.
- Library forms an integral part of an academic institution. A library committee has been constituted to facilitate effective and smooth functioning of the library.
- The advisory committee meets 2 times in an academic year to take decisions about various issues related to library facilities, services and its execution for better functioning.
- To formulate rules and regulations of the library.
- To do Annual planning and Annual Budget Provision.
- To purchase essential books, journals etc. as required by HOD, teachers and students.
- To make arrangement for proper storage of books.
- To make improvement in safety, security and facilities.
- To provide every possible support and guidance to the librarian.
- To explore possibilities of establishing academic ties with other library bodies.
- To consider and put forward the views and ideas of faculty and students regarding selection and acquisition of library resources (i.e. books journals etc.) and other library services.
- To ensure technological up gradation of the library.
|Prin . Dr. B. S. Jagdale||( Chairperson)|
|Prof. R.S. Lokhande (Librarian)||(Secretary)|
|Prof. Dr. P.G. Ambekar (Vice-Principal)||Member|
|Prof. Dr. S. D. Thore||--|
|Prof. Dr. B.S. Desale||--|
|Prof. Smt. K.S. Kakhandki||--|
|Prof. S. H. Bhamre||--|
|Prof. P. K. Bachhav||--|
|Mr. Samadhan Kedare (Registrar)||--|
|B.Voc. & C.C.||145|
|Journals / Periodicals||48|
|Collection||Total No||Total Price|
|Journals & Periodicals||48||22278.00|
|E-Journals & E-Books (N-List)||6000+ 3135000+||5900.00|
|Useful Arts (Sports)||86|
List of Subject wise Journals/ Periodicals
• Marathi Sanshodhan Patrika
• Akshar Vaidarbhi
• Nav Anustubh
• Priya Rashik
• Naya Dnyanoday
• Samkalin Sahitya Samachar
• Sahitya Amrut
• Indian Literature
• Reader Digest
• Economic Political Weekly (Online through N-List Programme)
• Samaj Prabodhan Patrika
• Economic Political Weekly (Online through N-List Programme)
• India Today
• Deccan Geography
• Maharashtra Bhugolshashtra Sanshodhan Patrika
• Paryavaran Vikas
• Maha Anubhav (free)
• Vishwashanti (free)
• Vidnyan pragati (Online through N-List Programme)
• Current Science (Online through N-List Programme)
• Science Reporter (Online through N-List Programme)
• Dream (Free)
• Everyman’s Science
• Asian Journal of Chemistry (Online through N-List Programme)
• Research Journal of Chemistry Environment (Online through N-List Programme)
• Vyapari Mitra
• India Journal of Management (Online through N-List Programme)
• Indian Journal of Marketing (Online through N-List Programme)
• Vanijya Vishwa
• University News
• Shikshan Sankraman
• C.S.R. (Hindi)
• Reader Digest
• India Today (Hindi)
• Saptahik Sakal
• Sadhana Saptahik
• Saptahik Vivek
• Pratiyogita Darpan (Hindi)
• Library Herold (Online through N-List Programme)
Library provides following services:
Home lending Service
Previous Year Question Papers of Examination
Syllabus Set of BA/B.Com/B.Sc/ M A (Mar & Hin)/ M Com.
E-resources available through N-List programme
Competitive Exams Book service
News Clipping of Newspapers
All the Staff Members & the Students of the college are the members of the Library Membership for Students
Membership form are available at LibraryIdentity Card
Every Student provides with I Card and Issue Card.
Without Issue Card Library Reading Material cannot be issued.
Each member should show I Card to the Library Authority at the entrance to the Library or Circulation counter.
I Card Valid for the year only.
In case of I Card or Issue Card loss, the holders of this card must bring to the notice to the principal or Librarian.Duplicate I Card will be issued by charging Rs.50/-Book Circulation
A book will be issued to the student only in exchange For one of his/her issue card.
In return a book to the library on or before due date If not return to due date he/she pay due charge.
Journals Publication, Dictionaries Reference books And such other documents cannot be taken on library account or I Card except with the permission of the library authority.
For Reading Room purpose book will be issued on I Card and this book will be return same day.
Before leaving the counter a member shall satisfy Himself as to whether the book lent to him is in sound condition, and if not, and he shall immediately bring the matter to the notice of the circular assistant otherwise at the time of the returning of the book he/she is liable to be asked to pay the cost purchase new copy of the book.
In the Stack Room
- No Member will be allowed to take own material in the Stack Room.
- While inside the libraries and reading room, no Member will be allows to break the silence by taking or action of any kind, eating food, sleep on the table.
- Do not damage to any fitting , furniture, book or other kind of reading material of the library.
- Replace the shelf with any book or other reading Material taken for use.
LIBRARIANDr. R.S. Lokhande (M.LISc, NET, Ph.D.)
Non-Teaching Staff :
|Sr. No.||Name of the Staff||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Mr. Shinde K. B.||M.A; B. Lib & Isc||Assistant Librarian|
|2||Mr. Bagul N S||B.A.||Lib. Attendent|
|3||Mrs. Pawar A. A.||B.A||Lib. Attendent|
|4||Mr. Bacchav A. V.||SSC||Peon|
“Dnyan-Vidnyan Vachan Chalval” :
To create reading habit among the students, our library organised “dnyan-Vidnyan Vachan Chalval” since last three years in association with Savitribai Pune University, Pune & Bahishal Shikshan Mandal. Dr. Kishor Pawar addressing Students on this occasion.
“Book Exhibition” :
Book Exhibition organised by Department of Library on occasion of “Hindi Divas” 14th September. Book Exhibition inaugurated by Prof. Dr. Ashok Dhuldhule from Bitco College, Nashik. On this occasion 279 Hindi language books on different subjects donated by Kendriya Hindi Nirdeshanalay, New Delhi had exhibited in the library.
“Granth Dindi” :
Granth Didi organised on occasion of first students-parents-teachers literature conference in the college. This conference is inaugurated by senior journalist Mr. Sanjay Avate.
“Dr. M S Patil’s Book Exhibition” ::
Our Library organised Dr. M S Patil’s book exhibition on occasion of one day seminar held by Marathi Department on “Dr. M S Patil : Literature & Criticism”.
“Information Literacy about N-LIST Programme” :
Students and faculty have been guided on how to acces E-resources through N-List programme in Library departmentE-RESOURCES
Resources Available under NLIST Programme Please visit website : http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/downloads.php to download the list of e-journals/ e-books covered under NLIST programme. All the registered members can access e-resources through nlist programme.
- American Institute of Physics : http://journals.aip.org/
- Annual Reviews (33 titles): http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/
- Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) (1 titles): http://www.epw.in/
- Indian Journals (180+ titles) : http://www.indianjournals.com/
- Institute of Physics (46 titles) : http://iopscience.iop.org/
- JSTOR (2500+ titles) : http://www.jstor.org/
- Oxford University Press (206 titles) : http://www.oxfordjournals.org
- Royal Society of Chemistry (29 titles): http://pubs.rsc.org/en/journals?key=title&value=current
- H. W. Wilson (3000+ titles): http://search.ebscohost.com
- Cambridge University Press (224 titles) : http://journals.cambridge.org/
- Cambridge Books Online (1800 titles) : http://ebooks.cambridge.org
- E-brary (125000+ titles): https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/inflibnet-ebooks
- EBSCoHost-Net Library (936 titles): http://search.ebscohost.com
- Hindustan Book Agency (65+ titles) : http://portal.igpublish.com/iglibrary
- Institute of South East Asian Studies(ISEAS) Books (382+ titles) : http://portal.igpublish.com/iglibrary
- Oxford Scholarship (1402+ titles) : http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/
- Springer eBooks (2300 titles) : http://link.springer.com.
- Sage Publication eBooks (1000 titles): http://knowledge.sagepub.com.
- Taylor Francis eBooks (1800 titles): https://www.taylorfrancis.com/
- Myilibrary-McGraw Hill (1124 titles) : https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/inflibnet-ebooks
- World -ebooks Library (30,00,000 titles) : http://community.ebooklibrary.org/?AffiliateKey=WEL-NDL
- South Asia Archive (though NDL) : http://www.southasiaarchive.com
Open access e-journals
- Journal of Digital Information
- Indian Academy of Sciences
- Bioline International
- Public Library of Science
- Intec Open Access Publisher
- Hindawi Press
- Indian Academy of Science
- Open J-Gate
- Bio One Journals
- Google Scholar
- Food Technology and Biotechnology
- Royal Society
- Microsoft Academic Search
- Open Access journal Search Engine
- A Gateway to all Post graduation courses (National Mission on Education through ICT)
- Indian Journals
- Public Library of Science (PLoS)
- Journal of Nutrition
- Indian Journal of Science and Technology
- Theoretical Economics
- International journals of Scientific and Research Publications
- Science Publishing Group
- Scientific Research
- Bentham Science
- Taylor & Francis open access journals
- Wiley Open Access
Open Access Theses and Dissertation
- MGU Phd Theses Archive
- Shodhgangotri – Indian Research In Progress
- Shodhganga (INFLIBNET)
- CUSAT Theses
- IISC Repository of Theses and Dissertations
Open Access e-books
- American Libraries
- Google Books
- Universal Digital Library
- Community books
- UN University full text publications
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Intech Books
- Open Textbook Library
- Free – Ebooks
- Free TechBooks
- Children Library
Videos / Video Lessons / E-Content for Learning
- National Digital Repository
- Consortium of Educational Communication
Directories of Open Access Journals and Repositories
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Science Direct-open Access
- ABC-Chemistry:Directory of full Text Journals in Chemistry
- SSRN-Social Science Research Network
- Registry of Open Access Repositories
- Open Access Journal search Engine
- Selected Open Access Journals
- BASE-Bifeld Academic Search Engine
- RePEc (Research papers in Economics)
- Molecular Expressions
- Freebyte’s Guide to Free Dictionaries
- Cambridge dictionary
- The free Dictionary
- Macmillan Dictionary
- Merriam-webster Dictionary
- Collins Dictionary
Current Affairs & Career Guidance
- UGC NET online coaching
- Aptitude Questions & Answers
- E-magazine (Winning Today) for general-purpose reading
- Current Affairs