The library is the soul of the college and treasure house of knowledge and information for the educational, social and cultural development of the college. Our College has a well-maintained library, having around 3164 books with latest magazines and Journals. Reading room facility is also available with individual study zones for staff members as well as for students. Library is the essential and integral component of this institution. The library holdings in terms of books, journals and other learning materials and technology– aided learning mechanisms enable students to acquire information, knowledge and skills required for their study programs.. Delnet: - online inter library facility has started in library. The Library timings are from 10 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The mission of the Library is to provide comprehensive access to the resources and innovative services to support teaching, learning and research activities of the college and thereby to cater diverse information needs of user community of this college. The library strives to develop balanced collection of information resources, irrespective of forms and to adopt technologies to provide better information services.
- • To Promote the use of resources to help the users to achieve their educational and professional goals
- • Provide various services and adopt strategies to enhance use resources of the library
- • To offer personal assistance to select, organize and use the information.
- • To maintain healthy environment for the students to study.
- • Build better collection of resources across the formats to cater information needs of user community
- • To provide innovative services to the users.
- • To provide better and timely access to the resources available in the library.
- • To provide more and more access to the e-resources through Internet.
- • To participate in resource sharing (Library Consortium) Programme to enrich collection of the library
- • To make available reading material and other resources as per requirements of teaching faculty.
1. Inter Library Loan:
The Central Library has institutional membership of Campus Colleges Library .
2. Newspapers Clipping :
The most Important news , events, organized by college, achievements of staff & students and other important information published in news papers is collected from different news papers properly and maintain for reference.
- Arrange Book Exhibition.
- Develop Collection of Research.
- Conduct Seminar for Library Professional.
- Best library reader award for a year.
- Membership of various organizations such as INFLIBNET / GIPE /N-LIST for resource sharing.
Profile of the DepartmentLibrary Hours: Mon. to Fri.10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Sat.10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Total Carpet area of the library is 1050. sq. ft.
Library has good collection on different areas of knowledge such as Computer Science and Management & Commerce and Management, etc.
Library is administered by the Librarian in assistance with and Library Attendants.
Library Advisory Committee ensures proper administration of the library. It consists of a Chairman (Principal), a student representative, a Secretary (Librarian) and 3 other members.
Library Advisory CommitteePrin. Dr. B.S.jagdale -Chairperson
Prof. Mrs.Deepti Bhutada - Member
Prof. Mrs.A.S.Patil -Member
Prof. Mr.A.D. Jagtap –Librarian
Functions of the Library Advisory Committee:
- 1. To formulate rules and regulations of the library.
- 2. To do Annual planning and Annual Budget Provision.
- 3. To purchase essential books, journals etc. as required by HOD, teachers,
- 4. To make arrangement for proper storage of books.
- 5. To make improvement in safety, security and facilities.
- 6. To provide every possible support and guidance to the librarian
- 7. To explore possibilities of establishing academic ties with other library bodies.
|Prof. Mr. A.D.Jagtap||M.A.M.Lib.& I.Sci.(Reg.P.hd)||Librarian||11|
|Mr. V.R.Sonawane||Lib. Attendant||08|
Prof. A.D. JagtapChief Editor- College Annual Magazine.
Member- Purchase Committee.
Member- Discipline Committee.
Secretary – Library Advisory Committee
Member of Planning Board committee
Member- Teacher Council
Author: 6-Research Paper
Library Readers Services
- 1)Reference Services :- On demand reference service provided to the students & faculty members by using open source on internet, Encyclopedia, Dictionaries, Yearbooks, and Vishwakosh etc.
- 2)Reprography : Facility is available ( Xeroxing, scanning & printing facility is available and is provided).
- 3)Home leading :- Issue & Return of reading material such as Books, Journal & Periodicals, Project Reports, Multimedia, etc.
- 4)Internet Facility :- Separate 4 computers for the students with internet connection provided to the students with printers. Students can access and download information of their topic or interest subject.
- 5)Email Service:- On demand soft copy of Syllabus, Question Papers etc. provided to the students & faculty members by using email on internet.
- 6)User orientation/ Information literacy :- Librarian takes lecture of New Admission class for orientation and how to find different resources by using OPAC, internet and open sources.
- 7)Information Display and notification :- Under this service library periodically displays List of New Arrivals, career-related articles (information) on the notice board in the library. It has also maintained file.
Seminars & Workshops Attended
- Seminars and Workshop Attended by Prof. A.D. Jagtap (Librarian):
- 1) Attended one day State Level workshop on “Academic performance Indicator for Librarian” held at College of Social Work and Commerce College, Jalgaon on 02th sep 2012.
- 2) Attended Two day National Level Seminar on “Impact of Information Technology on College Libraries held at Nutan Maratha College, Jalgaon.. On 14th &15th Oct. 2011.
- 3)Attended Two day National Level Seminar on “ Business Excellence through corporate Governance” held at Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir Institute of management and Research Panchavati,Nashik. On 8th & 9th Feb. 2013.
- 4) Attended Two day National Level Conference on “ Impact of Library & Information Service in Changing ERA” held at Smt H.R.Patel Arts Mahila College Shirpur Dist-Dhule. On 14th&15th March 2011.
- 5) Attended Two day International Level Conference on “Relenance of Higher Education for the Development of Human Resources held at Sunits Institute of English Language Literature and Research, Jalgaon. On 7th & 8th March 2014.
- 6) Attended Two day National Level Seminar on “ Latest Trends in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry” held at MGVS College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Nashik. On 22Feb.2013.
Future Plans1)Maintaining the Institutional Repository using Dspace Software.
2)Campus-wide local area network (LAN) facility for OPAC Vachan Sanskrit Abhiyan
3)Joint N-LIST UGC Program
|4||Handy Barcode Scanner||2|
Rules and RegulationsLibrary Hours:10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Issueing of Books:10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Lunch Time01:00 PM - 01:30 PM
- One Book is issued for a week an a library borrow cards to each student.
- One book at a one time is issued to each student on his I- Card for the purpose of reading only in the library.
- Loss of I-Card/Borrower card should be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Duplicate I-card /Barrow Card will be issued with due Charges.
- Students can avail the facility of reference books / journals / periodicals within the library premises only against I-cards.
- A fine of Rs.2/- per day will be charged on late return of books issued on library borrow cards. And A fine of Rs.5/- per day will be charged on late return of books issued on I-card.
- Writing / scribbling or tearing of pages of library books, news papers, periodicals etc. is prohibited & will be liable for strict action.
- Students should produce their identity cards when demanded by the library staff.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in library premises.
- Difficulties, if any, should be discussed with the librarian.
- On the loss of library book, user shall replace the same with a brand new copy or to pay the amount decided by library committee.
- Students should enter their names in the entry register maintained at Reading Hall.
- Borrower’s card & I-Card is not transferable.
- Complete silence should be maintained. Group discussions, lectures are not allowed in library.
|Sr.No||Type of Documents||Numbers|
|1||Total No. of Books||3036|
|7||CDs/DVDs (Audio-Visual Resources)||52|
|9||Online Resources||Nearby L.V.H. College|
Subject wise Books