Guest Lectures for Academic Year 2019-2020
- Lecture No.-1:
- Date : 20/06/2019
- Topic: ‘ Ecofriendly Pharmaceutical application of hydrotrophic solubilization , mixed hydrotropic solubilization, mixed solvacy.’
- Speaker : Dr.R. K. Maheshwari, SGSITS, Indore.
- No .Of Students: 108
- Lecture No.-2:
- Date : 21/06/2019
- Topic: ‘Demonstrative lecture on yoga International Yoga Day’ hydrotropic solubilization, mixed solvacy.’
- Speaker : Mrs. Sonali More, Yog Vidhyadham, Nashik
- No .Of Students: 33
- Lecture No.-3:
- Date : 11/08/2019
- Topic: ‘How to face GPAT and online Examination’ hydrotropic solubilization, mixed solvacy.’
- Speaker : Dr. Anwar R. Shaikh, Allana College Of Pharmacy, Pune
- No .Of Students: 50
- Lecture No.-4:
- Date : 13/08/2019
- Topic: ‘Dissolution , 21 CFR and FTIR’
- Speaker : Mr. Sandip Jagtap, Lab India Analytical Instruments Pvt. Ltd.
- No .Of Students: 57
- Lecture No.-5:
- Date : 21/08/2019
- Topic: ‘Enterpreneeurship Awareness’
- Speaker : Mr. Sunil Chandak
- No .Of Students: 46
- Lecture No.-6:
- Date : 23/08/2019
- Topic: ‘Molecular modeling, docking and pharmacophore’
- Speaker : Dr. Sami Mukhopadhyay, Dr. Amit Bedi
- No .Of Students: 16
- Lecture No.-7:
- Date : 27/08/2019
- Topic: ‘ Cardiac Diseases and life style’
- Speaker : Dr. Narayan Devgaonaka
- No .Of Students: 72
- Lecture No.-8:
- Date : 13/09/2019
- Topic: ‘Modern methods of AI based assessments & recruitement’ hydrotropic solubilization, mixed solvacy.’
- Speaker : Mr. Saurabh P. Kerhalkar
- No .Of Students: 47
- Lecture No.-9:
- Date : 20/09/2019
- Topic: ‘Career guidance by universal foundation for competitive exams’
- Speaker : Mr. Ram Khairnar, Universal foundation
- No .Of Students: 47
- Lecture No.-10:
- Date : 25/09/2019
- Topic: ‘Importance of right diet and role of bariatric surgery in weight reduction and little bit on management of endocrine disorders.’
- Speaker : Dr. Jayant Wagh
- No .Of Students: 57
- Lecture No.-11:
- Date : 28/12/2019
- Topic: ‘Current research scenario of ‘ Clinical Pharmacology at USA/UK’
- Speaker : Dr. Aniruddha Amrite Director, clinical Pharmacology , Dicerna, Pharmaceuticals
- No .Of Students: 26
- Lecture No.-12:
- Date : 13/01/2020
- Topic: ‘Global Research opportunities.’
- Speaker : Dr. Vaibhav Shataram Gawali Cincinnati University, USA
- No .Of Students: 71
- Lecture No.-13:
- Date : 18/01/2020
- Topic: ‘De-Addiction’
- Speaker : Mr. Shivprasad Mahale
- No .Of Students: 76
Employability Enhancing Skilling Project By Mahindra Pride Classroom in collaboration with Naandi Foundation
Days: 20 Days, Monday to Friday
Date: From 09/07/2019 to 02/08/2019
Time: 8:00 am to 10: am
Total working hours ; 40 hours
Participants : B.Pharm Final Year students=20 M.Pharm IInd year students =10, Toatal = 30
Topic covered : Introduction, Self evaluation, Gender equality, Grooming for interview, Team work, Cultural activity, Moral dilemma, vocabulary class, talent hub, debate competition, extempore, group discussion, resume preparation, Interview questions session
Mock Interview: Conducted @ college dt.: 03/08/2019
Self Defence Programme for Girls Self Defence Programme for Girls
Conducted by: Akhil Bhartiya Vidhyarthi Parishad
Date : 26/09/2019
Venue : B.Pharm , Auditorium
Participants : T.Y. B.Pharm Girls No.= 22
Report of Induction Programme for F.Y.B. Pharm students Academic Year: 2019-2020
|Day||Day /Date||Activity||Time||By||No. of Students present|
|1||Thursday 1/08/2019||Guidance by Head of Department/ Departmental Visit|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||11.00 to 12.00 pm||Dr. S. K. Mahajan gave information of Subject and laboratory||30|
|Pharmacology||12.00 to 1.00 pm||Dr.M.Mohan gave introduction of subject and Laboratory||30|
|Pharmacognosy||1.00 to 2.00 pm||Dr.Nehete gave information of Subject and laboratory||30|
|Pharmaceutics||2.30 to 3.30 pm||Dr. Karmarkar gave information of Subject and laboratory||30|
|Quality Assurance||3.30 to 4.00 pm||Dr.Erande gave information of Subject and laboratory||30|
|2||Friday 2/08/2019||Guest lecture Mr. Shivprasad Mahale Vasanti Didi||11.30 to 12.30 p.m.||Mr.Shivprasad Mahale Delivered lecture on stress Management.||25|
|Mr.Rohan Pawar (Alumni)||12.30 To 1.30p.m.||Mr.Rohan Pawar delivered a talk on Career in Pharma||25|
|3||Saturday 3/8/2018||Events /Extra curricular activities||9.00 to 12.00 pm||One-minute show and Essay competition was held||15|
|Mr.Rohan Pawar (Alumni)||12.30 To 1.30p.m.||Mr.Rohan Pawar delivered a talk on Career in Pharma||25|
|4||Tuesday 6/8/2019||Personality Development Programme||10.00 am onward||Ms.Rubi conducted session on Personalidevelopmeent.||31|
|5||23/ 8/2018||Welcome Programme||11.00 am||Dr.V.S.More (Chief Guest) Dr.B. G.Wagh (Guest) Dr.J.S.Baheti (Guest)||5|
|6||28/8/2019||Library Visit||2.00 pm||Dr. Ulhe gave information of Library||54|
Event : M.Pharm – Pharmacology students attend Workshop - Step 2: Screening Techniques in Experimental Pharmacology at R. C. Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Shirpur.
Date : 26th-28th Sept 2019
Outcome : Students learnt the principles and had hands on training on various molecular pharmacology tools through demonstrations
Event :College Level Ideation Competition B.Pharm and M.Pharm students enthusiastically participated in Level 1 of College Level Ideation Competition under start up and innovation cell. The students were asked to present a 5 min PPT on the theme Innovative packaging design and solution for patient compliance. Parameters such as innovative concept, presentation and applicability were evaluated by external guest Mr. S. K. Mahuli, Packaging consultant with more than 35 yrs of industrial experience.
Date :3rd October 2019
Outcome :The ability to think innovatively was kindled in young minds. They were at the same time made to think about the product applicability and feasibility too.
Event :Visit of PG Ayurved college students to Animal House and Instrument Room of our college
Date :18th October 2019
Outcome :Students learnt various animal handling and dosing techniques through demonstrations. Students were also informed about various sophisticated instruments with their principles and applications.
Event :Srilankan Delegates Visit our College. Three Srilankan Delegate officials visited our college: Shri Manjula Amaratunga, Dr. Parakrama Herath and Shri Graetian Gunawardhana. They were shown a short presentation about the history of the college and highlighted the various events and activities taking place in college. They also visited various departments.
Date :22nd October 2019
Outcome :The College is keen to have academic collaborations with outside universities in future.
Event :CPCSEA - IAEC Meeting was held in college. The committee members visited the animal house facility and scrutinized the research protocols, while the research students presented them.
Date :7th December 2019
Outcome :22 PG and PhD. research protocols were sanctioned.
Curriculum Related Seminars 2018-19
|Sr.No.||Date||Name of the resource person||Topic of Seminar/Workshop/ Discussion/Activity|
|Currernt scenario of Natural Product Stature in Commerce, Industry and Regulations.|
|2||Oct-2018||All Students of B.Pharm & M.Pharm||Models Presentation For competition at MGV|
|3||Jan-2019||All Students of B.Pharm & M.Pharm||Charts ,Flash cards, Models ,Puzzles Presentation For competition at MGV|
|4||Jan-2019||All Principals and Delegates of Nashik Region||Pharmacy Council Of India Syllabus Orientation Workshop-2019|
|5||Feb-2019||Mr.Ulhas Karkhanis||Career counseling|
|6||Mar-2019||Mr.Ulhas Karkhanis||How to study GPAT Exam?|
Co-curricular Events 2018-19
|24th - 25th Oct 2018||Two day SPPU sponsored- National Level Conference|
|7th to 13th Jan 2019||National Service Scheme week|
|14th to 21st Jan 2019||National Pharmacy Week Celebrations|
|25th Jan 2019||Inhouse - Chart /Model/Puzzle Competition|
|29th Jan 2019||PCI Syllabus Orientation Workshop|
|14th to 18th Feb 2019||Guest lecture-Entrepreneurship development-Mr. Paresh Chitnis -Personal Trainer and Developer. (Final yr students)/Speech on Shivaji Maharaj - Mr. Gaydhani|
Seminars / Conferences Organized
|6th Annual National Convention of APTI- Emergence in Pharmacy through Life Long Learning.||MGV, Nashik & APTI||Prof. V. M. Aurangabadkar|
|A State level short term training program in special methods of teaching pharmacology||NITTTR, Bhopal and DTE||Dr. C. D. Upasani|
|Workshop-Experimental Pharmacology||MGV, Nashik||Dr. S. B. Kasture|
|Medicinal Chemistry in the new Millenium||MGV, Nashik||Dr. V. S. Kasture|
|Workshop- Recent trends in Pharmaceutical Analysis||SPPU, Pune||Prof. S. R. Tambe
Prof. S. K. Mahajan
|Current Scenario, Challenges and opportunities in Pharmaceutical Sciences||SPPU, Pune||Prof. A. R. Rote
Prof. S. K. Mahajan
|Innovation; Stratergies and Globalization inPharmaceutical Sciences||SPPU, Pune||Dr. T. N. Lokhande and Mrs. D.L. Attarde|
|Avishkar-2015 workshop||SPPU, Pune||Mr. M.S. Junagade|
|Recent Trends in Pharmacology||SPPU, Pune||Prof. Mahalaxmi Mohan|
|Recent trends in Chromatographic Techniques in collaboration with WATERS||SPPU, Pune||Mr. M.S. Junagade|
|Current Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences||SPPU, Pune||Prof. Mahalaxmi Mohan|
|Novel Experimental techniques in Pre-clinical Research.||SPPU, Pune||Prof. Mahalaxmi Mohan|
|Current Trends Development and Advancement in Drug Delivery System||SPPU, Pune||Dr. R. R. Karmarkar|
|Current scenario of Natural Product Stature in commerce, Industry and Regulation||SPPU, Pune||Dr. R. S. Bhambar
Dr. D. L. Attarde
|PCI Syllabus orientation workshop||SPPU,Pune||Dr. D. L. Attarde
Dr. T. N. Lokhande
Paper Publication : Students are encouraged to participate in various national conferences and allow publishing papers on scientific reviews /articles.The following are the publications :
- Mahalaxmi Mohan, Hemant Vanjari, Shrey Srivastava. Effect of Methanolic extract of Solanum torvum on pA2 value of atropine by using Acetylcholine as agonist on rat ileum tissue preparation. Inventi Rapid: Ethnopharmacology, 2018(4), 1-4.
- S.A. Katti, Luketa Alai, Rasika Mahale. Synthesis, Molecular docking and evaluation of antifungal activity of some benzyl benzimidazole derivatives. Der Pharma Chemica 8(4),425- 433, 2016.
- A.P.Bhosle, Akshay Patil, Mandeep Swami. Herbosomes as a novel drug delivery system for absorption enhancement. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 5(1), 345-355.2015
Poster Publications :
- Faculty members guide our students in preparation of scientific posters and allow them to present in national conferences and Savitribai Phule Pune University sponsored Avishkar competition held at MVP Samaj‟s College of Pharmacy, Nashik and MGV‟s Pharmacy College, Panchavati, Nashik.
- Students attended public symposium organized by "Magnum Heart Institute" on 04/11/2017.
- Mr. Jalinder Bhutekar and Mr Ganesh Bhavar from final year was allowed to attend 2 days seminar and poster presentation on the occasion of Lonar Mahotsav at College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Buldhana.
- Students from S.Y.B.Pharm and T.Y.B.Pharm participated in Poster presentation at two days National Level Seminar on current trends, development and advancement in Drug delivery system hosted by college, on 23/01/2018 and 24/01/2018.
Sr. No. Name of student/s Year Topic 1 Harish Khirnar, Shruti Kulkarni, Nakshatra Choudhari, Mrudul Deshpande, Shreya Wagh S.Y.B.Pharm Novel Delivery of Insulin 2 Pratik Sinkar, Bhushan Mahajan T.Y.B.Pharm Nano Robotics in drug delivery
Students of F.Y.B.Pharm and S.Y.B.Pharm participated in poster competition held during Two days National Seminar on Current trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences-24/01/2017 &25/01/2017
Sr. No. Name of student/s Year Topic 1 Pratik Katare F.Y.B.Pharm "Drug Coding and its applications" 2 Lalita Joshi S.Y.B.Pharm "Advancement in Pulmonary Drug Delivery" 3 Pavan Ahire, Nikhil Choudhari, Abhishek Ghumare, Gaurav Salunke S.Y.B.Pharm "Generic Drugs Vs Branded Drugs"
- Model Making Competition : Students are guided in making of scientific models and charts and allowed to present them in national conference- held at SMBT College of Pharmacy, Nandi Hills, Dhamangaon. Mr.Badaan Tejas and Mr.Varshney Akansh participated in the event.
S.Y.B.Pharm students participated in model making competition held during National Pharmacy week (2017-18).
Sr. No. Name of student/s Year Topic 1 Akansh Varshey and Tejas Bhadan S. Y. B. Pharm. Model making for NPW on topic insulin release after hyperglycemia.
Quiz Competition : Our students were motivated to participate in quiz competition organized by MET Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences call MET- Explore and have won prizes.
Sr. No. Name of participant Venue Event Rank / Status 1 Mr. Vallabh Suryavanshi MET Win it in a minute (Poetry reading) Participated 2 Mr. Vallabh Suryavanshi, Mr. Pratik Sinkar, Mr. Bhushan Mahajan MET Industrial Problem Solving First Position 3 Ms. Lalita Joshi, Ms. Shubhangi Sukenkar, Mr. Rushikesh Patare MET Industrial Problem Solving Participated 4 Mr. Pratik Sinkar MET Placement Practices Participated 5 Mr. Shrey Srivastava MET Placement Practices Participated
- College Magazine : Our college annual magazine NECTAR covers articles on various themes such as Safety, Science, Technology , Social and Community welfare,etc. The basic aim behind this is develop the scientific drafting skills among students. Many students actively participate in sketch drawing, nature photography, poetry and other soft skills. Student Editorial Board and faculty members jointly co-ordinate and take efforts in publishing annual magazine NECTAR.
Mini Projects:-Our students eagerly also get involved in mini projects assisted by faculty members.T.Y.B.Pharm student was assigned project on "Formulation and development of Phytosomes" by Dr.J.Y.Nehete.
Sr. No. Name of student/s Year Topic 1 Bhushan Mahajan T.Y.B.Pharm Formulation and development of Phytosomes
Avishkar Projects: Students enthusiastically participate in Avishkar projects sponsored by SPPU. Students from Final year B.pharm participated in „Avishkar‟ research competition held by Savitribai Phule Pune University in October 2015.
Sr. No. Name of student/s Year Topic 1 Luketa Alai,Rasika Mahale Final Yr .B.Pharm Synthesis and Evaluation of 5-chloro Benzyl Benzimidazole Derivatives as novel antifungal agents. 2 Pooja Khairnar, Amol Pagar. Final Yr .B.Pharm Study of bactericidal activity of antibiotics against Bacterial Blight(Telya) over pomegranate.
Curriculam Related Seminars : 2017-18
|Sr. No.||Date||Name of the resource person||Topic of Seminar/Workshop/ Discussion|
|1||July-2017||Dr. Balaji Sitharaman Stony Brook University, New York||Nanotechnology|
|2||Aug-2017||Mr. Ganesh S.Sharma Application Specialist Metrohm India Ltd, Mahape, Navi Mumbai||Basics of pH, Karl Fischer Titration, Ion Chromatography, Polarography & Voltametry|
|3||Aug-2017||Dr. Vijay R. Kakatkar Ramkrishna Medical Research Center, Jai Hospital Pvt. Ltd. Nasik||Osteoporosis, Physiology & Mechanism|
|4||Sept-2017||Dr. Satyjeet Narode Royce Pharma USA||Product Development & Constructive Concept to Commercialization|
|5||Sept-2017||Dr. Prashant Hande Mr. Shahrukh Bharucha Anchrom, Mulund Mumbai||HPTLC Technique|
|6||Sept-2017||Mr. R. Girijan Toshvin Analytical Pvt. Ltd ; Mumbai-400011||GC & GCMS; IR Spectroscopy,UV Spectroscopy; DSC.|
|7||Sept-2017||Hon. Pravin Jagtap Central Drug Inspector, Delhi Hon. Basant Yadav Central Drug Inspector,Indore||Clinical Trials Regulation Enforcement on the Spurious Drugs as per Drugs and Cosmetics Act|
Curriculum Related Seminars / Activities : 2016-17
|Sr. No.||Date||Topic of Seminar/ Discussion/Activity|
|1||Sept-2016||Guest Lecture -Reversal of Metabolism Disorders by Dr.Pranav Shimpi.|
|2||Oct-2016||One day State level seminar –Recent Trends in Chromatographic Techniques|
|3||Dec-2016||Student participation at Avishkar-2016|
|4||Feb-2017||Guest Lecture- Pharmaceutical Marketing by Mr.Prashant Hiray|
|5||Feb-2017||Guest Lecture- Requirement for opening Medical Store.|
|6||Feb-2017||Guest Lecture- Enterpreneurship and Industrial Jobs.|
|7||Mar-2017||Guest Lecture-Gene Therapy and Tissue Engineering by Dr. Meenakshi Shriram|
|8||April- 2017||Guest Lecture-X-Ray Diffraction Techniques by Dr.S.G.Wakchaure|
Curriculam Related Seminars : 2015-16
|Sr. No.||Date||Resource Person Details||Topic of Seminar/ Discussion/Activity|
|1||July-2015||Mr.Pramod Shinde, Sun Pharma Limited Baroda||Preparation of GPAT/GATE Examination|
|2||July-2015||Mr.Milind Jadhav General Manager, Turbhe Chemicals Pvt Ltd,Turbhe,Mumbai||Bridging the gap between Industry and academia|
|3||Aug- 2015||Dr.K.A.Suri Director Grade Assistant, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine(IIIM) Formerly Regional Research Laboratory(RRL), Jammu India||Extraction, isolation and characterisation of markers from. Important herbal plants used in single and polyherbal formulation.|
|4||Aug- 2015||Prin. Prof. R. Y. Patil Director, BCUD, Solapur University,Solapur Principal D.S.T.S. Mandal‟s College of Pharmacy,Solapur||Basics and development in Experimental Pharmacology|
|5||Sept 2015||Dr.Rajendra S. Marathe Professor, Government College of Pharmacy, Aurangabad||Structure elucidation by Spectroscopy|
|6||Oct- 2015||Mr.Milind Jadhav General Manager, Turbhe Chemicals Pvt Ltd,Turbhe,Mumbai||Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Technology|
|7||Oct- 2015||Mr.R.Jouhri Skill Development and Placement Centre, DK Nagar ,Nasik||Interview Techniques|
|8||Jan- 2016||Dr.P.V.Rasal Co-ordinator, SPPU Pune||Personality Development|
|9||Mar-2016||Dr. Narhari Malgaonkar (MD,DNB) Dr.Sonali Malgaonkar (MS) Progenesis Fertility Centre, Nasik||PCOS Education: For Adolescent Girls|